Lunes, Abril 23, 2012

STEM CELL THERAPY for my dad

Just had a visit with another doctor. 

For the past years, my dad had been recommended for a total hip bone replacement due to the shortening of the left femur and changes in his left hip joint caused by degenerative osteoarthritis. After struggling for years and asking God for an answer if he should have an operation, he finally decided and was scheduled for surgery on May 3, 2012. 

Yesterday, he went to the airport to meet a friend for a small talk on some religious matters. Luckily, they've come across dad's scheduled operation and that friend of his suggested to see a certain doctor  who does regenerative therapy on some bone problems. After arriving home, dad told me about it and suggested that we see that doctor. He told me that maybe, it's God's answer for his prayer that he be healed without undergoing a surgery. I called that doctor right away and scheduled a visit. The visit was scheduled today.

The doctor explained that he's going to do STEM CELL THERAPY (had a little background about it when I was studying Hematology back then in college) on my dad only if we believe and agree on that kind of medical approach. He checked my dad's x-ray result, performed an ultrasound and showed the femoral head to me and explained things. Satisfied of his answers to our queries, we decided to have that regenerative therapy done on my dad instead of a total hip bone replacement.

On friday, we'll go back to that doctor for dad's first session of the therapy. Will update you of the developments....until then...




Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento